Location: Divisional Office
Competition #: 12421
Open To: Everyone
Date Posted: September 9th, 2020
Closing Date: Open Ended
Are you looking for a leadership opportunity in Alberta’s north? Northland School Division is seeking to fill the role of Occupational Health and Safety Manager. This is a 12 month position.
Northland School Division requires a responsible individual to work with Associate Superintendents, Department Managers and School Principals, to ensure that all O H & S (Occupational Health and Safety) procedures and training are in compliance with legislation and Division polices. This is a full-time position, with approximately 50% travel.
The successful candidate will develop, manage and maintain the Health and Safety programming in collaboration with the OHS Advisory Committee. Development of safety orientation for new hires, tracking compliance, internal auditing and hazard assessment are major duties of this position. The successful candidate will also implement and coordinate procedure and monitor and advise on legislation for all stakeholders.
The successful candidate will possess:
- 5+ years related experience in Occupational Health and Safety.
- Diploma or certificate In Occupational Health and Safety.
- Valid Alberta driver’s license
- Hold all valid certificates in: WHMIS, First Aid, Certificate of Recognition (COR) – Workers’ Compensation Board (WCB) partners in Injury Reduction Program
- Advanced knowledge of safety legislation and guidelines, and Transportation of Dangerous Goods Act, WCB Regulations and best practices in health and safety.
The starting salary for this position is $81,570.00 per annum and includes a comprehensive benefit package and pension plan.
Interested applicants are asked to submit a resume including the names of three (3) employer references to: Wesley Oginski, Associate Superintendent of Human Resources, Northland School Division, P.O. Bag 1400, 9809 77 Avenue, Peace River, Alberta T8S 1V2. Phone: (780) 624-2060. Fax: (780) 624-5914. Email: email@example.com
Open until a suitable candidate is found. We thank all applicants but only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. References of candidates shortlisted may be checked prior to interviews.
Offers of employment will be conditional on receipt of a satisfactory criminal record check.