Competition #: 12921
Open To: Everyone
Date Posted: February 1st, 2021
Closing Date: Open Ended
Hours Per Week:
Northland School Division is seeking a full-time First Nations, Metis and Inuit student success coach. The successful candidate will provide services as a graduation coach and coordinator in credit recovery and summer school with relevant training and experience. The service area for the position will be in Wabasca, Alberta. This position will commence as soon as possible and run until August 31st, 2021.
Working as part of a team, this position develops and delivers developmentally appropriate, evidence-based programming that meets the objectives of the NSD. Delivery includes large and small group work in schools and community settings and focuses on increasing knowledge, building skills and fostering abilities that enable students to better their academic skills to successfully complete current grade levels and to graduate.
The Success Coach works to recognize, understand and adapt to the changing needs of their community related to mental health and wellness. The coach will build and maintain strong relationships with students, youth and families. The Success Coach will also facilitate a Summer School Program for those students requesting it. They will also assist with evaluation activities and survey data collection as required by the NSD.
Qualifications & Work Experience – the ideal candidate will have:
- Knowledge of Alberta Kindergarten to Grade 12 Programs of Study
- Effective time management skills with ability to work evening/weekend and summer hours.
- Skill and knowledge of facilitation, positive communication and creative thinking
- Ability to develop supportive relationships in teams and with young people
- Creative problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Community collaboration and networking skills
- Capable of maintaining program statistics for purposes of evaluation and assisting in evaluating the effectiveness of programs
- Skills in Microsoft Office programs and working knowledge of social media
- An Alberta Teaching Certificate is preferred
- Fluency in Cree would be a strong asset
An offer of employment will be conditional on receipt of a satisfactory criminal record check. We thank all applicants but only those candidates successful in obtaining interviews will be contacted.
Please send cover letter and three references in confidence to Debbie Mineault, Supervisor of FNMI Language, Culture and Land Based Learning at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Open until suitable candidate is found.