Location: Divisional Office
Competition #: 12968
Open To: Everyone
Date Posted: March 1st, 2021
Closing Date: Open Ended
Northland School Division serves approximately 1950 students and over 400 employees in 20 schools across northern Alberta with divisional office is located in the town of Peace River. Our network infrastructure includes Cisco switches and routers, VoIP in every classroom and office, a Fortinet firewall, Aruba WIFI network and a Microsoft DPM backup system and in the near future we are looking at starting the move to the Microsoft Azure cloud infrastructure. With all of this, the division requires an additional motivated individual to join the team until the end of August with the possibility of being extended or made permanent.
The Systems Analyst is mainly responsible for operation, maintenance and troubleshooting of the network, carrying out project tasks, and assisting with design and implementation as required. Some training will be provided. Much of the work outside of the divisional office is done over the network but when necessary driving to the various sites is also expected.
Classification will be based on the cumulative skills and experience of the successful candidate. The salary range for this position is $59,693.00 to $79,725.00 per annum plus a comprehensive benefits package.
Reporting to the Network Administrator, the Systems Analyst will have considerable IT experience allowing for a high level of knowledge in specific hardware and applications currently used by the school division. The successful candidate will be an excellent learner and possess a varied skill set in most or all of the following areas:
- Excellent problem-solving ability
- Effective research of products and issues
- Experience with computer hardware and software troubleshooting
- Effective personal skills and communication skills
- Experience with:
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012-2019
- Microsoft Active Directory
- Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM)
- Microsoft Desktop Applications
- Microsoft Azure Cloud Computing
- Google Workspace for Education
- Google Chromebook support
- Aruba Wireless
- Cisco Networking and Routing
- Cisco Voice Over IP (VoIP)
- Firewall (Fortinet appliances)
- Content Filtering (Fortigate)
- Antivirus & email spam filtering
- SMART interactive whiteboard installation and support
- Alberta’s SuperNet network
- Virtual and online servers and applications
- Storage and Backup solutions
- Networked Printer Support (Xerox)
- Student Information Systems (PowerSchool)
- Transportation Systems (Transfinder)
- Android mobile phones and tablets
- Microsoft Windows PowerShell scripting
- Switching and routing in an IPV4 network
Interested applicants are asked to submit a resume including the names of three (3) employer references to:
Holly Friesen, Human Resources Administrator
Northland School Division
9809 77 Avenue
Peace River, Alberta T8S 1C9
Phone: (780) 624-2060 Fax: (780) 624-5914
Open until a suitable candidate is found.
We thank all applicants but only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Offers of employment will be conditional on receipt of a satisfactory criminal record check.