Division Technical Supervisor
Location: All Schools
Competition #: 12991
Open To: Everyone
Date Posted: March 9th, 2021
Closing Date: Open Ended
Northland School Division is seeking to fill the position of a full-time Divisional Technical Supervisor. The Division Technical Supervisor coordinates service work orders and oversees all Service Technicians, ensuring they have the direction and resources needed to provide general maintenance to division schools. This position will be based in or near a Northland community (Peace River, High Prairie, Athabasca, Fort McMurray or one of our school communities). and consists of approximately 75% travel to and from all schools.
Responsibilities will include:
- Supervising all preventative measures and repair services to assigned divisional facilities and buildings in a defined area, including mechanical, architectural, and other related systems
- Performing an inspection service for all assigned divisional facilities and buildings by prioritizing tasks, identifying the need for repairs or replacements and ensuring that the Service Technicians are performing at a high standard and meeting expectations
- Determining material requirements and organizing the work of a large variety of building and mechanical repairs and providing detailed estimates for all projects on request
- Determining when specialized tradesmen are required and scheduling work to minimize disruption of normal facility operation
- Establishing budget requirements and providing control of budgets for assigned area and participating in capital building projects and modernizations
- 8 years’ experience in the technical service or construction industry
- 3 years’ experience in a project management role and supervising staff
- General knowledge of the techniques and standard practices within two or more trades, such as carpentry, plastering and painting, plumbing, electrical, and automation control systems
- Valid Alberta Class 5 Driver’s License with an acceptable driver’s abstract
- Certification in WHMIS, Transportation of Dangerous Goods and First Aid
- Certification in two or more of the trades considered an asset
The salary for this position is based on qualifications and experience. A comprehensive benefit package is provided.
Interested applicants are asked to e-mail or fax a complete resume including the names of three (3) professional references to: Holly Friesen, Human Resources Administrator, Northland School Division, 9809 77 Avenue, Peace River, Alberta T82 1V2. Phone: (780) 624-2060. Fax: (780) 624-5914. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: Until a suitable candidate is found
Offers of employment will be conditional on receipt of satisfactory criminal record and child welfare checks. Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.