Service Technician II - Class B Gasfitter
Competition #: 12992
Open To: Everyone
Date Posted: March 9th, 2021
Closing Date: Open Ended
Northland School Division is seeking to fill the position of a full-time Service Technician II with a minimum Class B Gasfitter qualification. The Service Technician II utilizes a wide range of intermediate skills to perform highly diversified work to install, troubleshoot, repair and technically support the facilities and equipment within the division’s schools. This position consists of approximately 65% travel to and from all schools and will be based in the Wabasca, Alberta area.
Responsibilities will include:
- Performing general upkeep on facility equipment as the primary technician to work on tasks that fall in the category of the specific trade of the Journeyman ticket held
- Repairing windows and screens and performing rough and semi-skilled carpentry work
- Performing general electrical repair work and maintenance of small motors, appliances, wiring and fixtures that does not require the services of a Journeyman tradesperson
- Installing and repairing fences and outdoor equipment
- Creating preventative maintenance measures for all school assets and grounds
- Overseeing the work of independent contractors
- 5 years’ experience in a servicing or technical support role
- Intermediate knowledge of the techniques and standard practices within a variety of trades
- Valid Alberta Class 5 Driver’s License with an acceptable driver’s abstract
- Certification in WHMIS, Transportation of Dangerous Goods and First Aid
- Journeyman certification in Alberta Gasfitter Class B and at least one of the following relevant trades is desirable – plumbing and pipefitting, electrical, controls and automation
The salary for this position is based on qualifications and experience. A comprehensive benefit package is provided.
Interested applicants are asked to e-mail or fax a complete resume including the names of three (3) professional references to: Holly Friesen, Human Resources Administrator, Northland School Division, 9809 77 Avenue, Peace River, Alberta T82 1V2. Phone: (780) 624-2060. Fax: (780) 624-5914. Email: email@example.com
Closing Date: Until a suitable candidate is found
Offers of employment will be conditional on receipt of satisfactory criminal record and child welfare checks. Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.