Family Wellness Worker
Location: St. Theresa/Pelican Mountain/Chipewyan Lake
Competition #: 13047
Open To: Everyone
Date Posted: April 12th, 2021
Closing Date: Open Ended
Northland School Division is seeking to fill the position of a full-time Family Wellness Worker effective August 16th, 2021. The successful candidate will work as part of a team in St. Theresa School in Wabasca, Alberta, Pelican Mountain School in Sandy Lake, Alberta and Chipewyan Lake School in Chipewyan Lake, Alberta. This position will report to the Director of Student Services for the division and is attached to the central office twelve-month calendar.
- Provide intervention and/or support services to students and families who may be at risk or currently facing social, emotional, behavioral or family challenges
- Promote effective communication and parenting skills
- Build skills with the students individually and in small groups
- Assist in finding information and resources such as counseling after hour crisis response workers
- Advocate within the school and the community
- Promote preventative opportunities within the schools and community
- Collaborate with community agencies
- Degree in Social Work
- Will consider candidates in appropriate Human Services field from an accredited institution.
The vision of the program is to provide free confidential interventions services to students and families in order to support the emotional, behavioral and social wellbeing.
The salary for this position is based on qualifications and experience. A comprehensive benefit package is also provided.
Interested applicants are asked to e-mail or fax a complete resume including the names of three (3) professional references to: Human Resources, Northland School Division, 9809 77 Avenue, Peace River, Alberta, T8S 1V2. Phone: 780-624-2060. Fax: 780-624-5914. Email: email@example.com
Open until suitable candidate is found.
Offers of employment will be conditional on receipt of satisfactory criminal record and child welfare checks. Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.