Director of Student Engagement, Attendance & Completion
Location: All Schools
Competition #: 13070
Open To: Everyone
Date Posted: April 20th, 2021
Closing Date: Open Ended
Are you looking for an educational leadership opportunity in Alberta’s north? Northland School Division is seeking an advocate of indigenous education and a supporter of First Nations, Métis and Inuit (FNMI) language and culture to help us lead the way in FNMI education. The division invites applications for a Director of Student Engagement, Attendance and Completion.
Reporting directly to the Superintendent, the Director of Student Engagement, Attendance and Completion will provide leadership to principals, teachers and other division staff in planning, developing, coordinating and evaluating strategies/initiatives to improve student engagement, attendance and completion.
The successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of student re-engagement including attendance improvement and school completion efforts across the division. This will entail but will not be limited to providing guidance and assistance to schools in their attendance initiatives and school completion efforts, but also the schools’ and division’s data management systems. Other primary responsibilities include coordination of key actions as determined by the division’s Annual Education Plan.
- Minimum Bachelor of Education Degree or a Master’s Degree in a related discipline; equivalent combinations of education and experience may also be considered;
- Working towards or having completed a Master’s Degree in a relevant field.
- A minimum of seven years progressively responsible experience as teacher and school administrator (&/or system leader);
- Excellent leadership and strategic thinking skills to accomplish objectives;
- Ability to manage a diverse workforce, foster a cooperative work environment and establish and maintain effective relationships with employees, families, and communities;
- Experience with PASI (Provincial Approach to Student Information);
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office software and Google platform;
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
Assets for this position include:
- A minimum of five years of progressively responsible experience with a Student Information System similar to PowerSchool and operations administration;
- Experience in working with Indigenous communities, as well as remote and rural locations;
- Active affiliation with Student Information System networks and associations;
- Experience in coaching, conflict resolution, community/family engagement, employee development, project management and collaborative planning.
Interested applicants are asked to forward a letter of application, with the names of three (3) professional references, to:
Wesley Oginski, Associate Superintendent of Human Resources
Northland School Division
9809 77 Avenue
Peace River, Alberta T8S 1V2
Phone: (780) 624-2060
Fax: (780) 624-5914
Please note references may be checked prior to shortlisting.
Closing Date: Until a suitable candidate is found.
We thank all applicants for submitting applications. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.