Service Technician I - IT Support
Location: All Schools
Competition #: 13256
Open To: Everyone
Date Posted: June 16th, 2021
Closing Date: Open Ended
Northland School Division is seeking to fill the position of a full-time Service Technician I (IT Support). The Service Technician I will work with a variety of people to ensure widespread use, adoption and optimization of the Maintenance Care program. The position will also be responsible for installation of the division security and camera systems, as well as audio and public address systems. The work will require frequent travel to all Division facilities as well as occasional call out requirements beyond regular work hours.
Responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the Maintenance Care Program (MCP) by providing technical support for installs, set ups and troubleshooting
- Working closely with other technicians in programming equipment and supporting the Division Building Management Systems (BMS)
- Providing updated manuals and training for the MCP when required and organizing inventory entry and updates within the program
- Providing guidance to Maintenance Staff in installation and maintenance of division security systems, including cameras, lighting systems, lock down systems and audio address systems
- Assisting with the set up and troubleshooting of the audio/visual equipment, video conference systems and security cameras
- 8+ years’ experience as an Information Technology (IT) Technician or related field
- Experience working with audio/video systems, video conferencing, security cameras, database programs and Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
- Valid Alberta Class 5 Drivers License with an acceptable driver abstract
The salary for this position is based on qualifications and experience. A comprehensive benefit package is provided.
Interested applicants are asked to e-mail or fax a complete resume including the names of three (3) professional references to: Holly Friesen, Human Resources Administrator, Northland School Division, 9809 77 Avenue, Peace River, Alberta T82 1C9. Phone: (780) 624-2060. Fax: (780) 624-5914. Email: email@example.com
Closing Date: Until a suitable candidate is found
Offers of employment will be conditional on receipt of satisfactory criminal record and child welfare checks. Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.