Service Technician II - Journeyman Carpenter
Location: Peace River
Competition #: 13456
Open To: Everyone
Date Posted: July 23rd, 2021
Closing Date: Open Ended
Northland School Division is seeking to fill the position of a full-time Service Technician II with a minimum Journeyman Carpenter qualification. The Service Technician II utilizes a wide range of intermediate skills to perform highly diversified work to install, troubleshoot, repair and technically support the facilities and equipment within the division’s schools. This position consists of approximately 65% travel to and from all schools and will be based in the Peace River, Alberta area.
Responsibilities will include:
- Performing general upkeep on facility equipment as the primary technician to work on carpentry tasks
- Repairing, renovating, building, modifying and erecting structures/fixtures made of wood/wood substitutes in accordance with local building codes
- Executing plastering, painting and cement or concrete work
- Performing general electrical repair work and maintenance of small motors, appliances, wiring and fixtures that does not require the services of a Journeyman tradesperson
- Installing and repairing fences and outdoor equipment
- Landscaping including grading, leveling, cutting and application of fertilizer
- Creating preventative maintenance measures for grounds upkeep
- 5 years’ experience in a servicing or technical support role
- Intermediate knowledge of the techniques and standard practices within a variety of trades
- Valid Alberta Class 5 Driver’s License with an acceptable driver’s abstract
- Certification in WHMIS, Transportation of Dangerous Goods and First Aid
- Journeyman Carpenter certification
The salary range for this position is based on qualifications and experience. A comprehensive benefit package is provided.
Interested applicants are asked to e-mail or fax a complete resume including the names of three (3) professional references to: Holly Friesen, Human Resources Administrator, Northland School Division, 9809 77 Avenue, Peace River, Alberta, T8S 1C9. Phone: (780) 624-2060. Fax: (780) 624-5914. Email: email@example.com
Competition closes: Open until suitable candidate found.
Offers of employment will be conditional on receipt of a satisfactory criminal record check and child welfare checks. Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.