Literacy Lead and Inclusion Teacher
Location: Fort Chipewyan
Competition #: 13630
Open To: Everyone
Date Posted: October 18th, 2021
Closing Date: November 1st, 2021 - 12:00pm
NORTHLAND SCHOOL DIVISION
Full Time Literacy Lead and Inclusion Teacher
Northland School Division is seeking to fill the position of a full-time (1.0) Literacy Lead and Inclusion Teacher immediately. The successful candidate will work as part of a multi-disciplinary team in Athabasca Delta Community School in Fort Chipewyan, Alberta. This position will report to the Principal of the school.
- Articulate and deliver a literacy and literacy intervention program that supports the school’s and Division’s overall literacy initiative
- Track, monitor and report on students’ progress throughout the year
- Create individual and small group literacy intervention strategies
- Engage outside community resources to enhance and complement in-school programming
- Supervision of students both inside and outside of the classroom
- Bachelor of Education or higher
- Hold or eligible for an Alberta Teaching Certificate
- Specialized knowledge/training in literacy interventions considered an asset
The vision of this role is to inspire and motivate students to develop a passion for reading and literacy related activities.
The salary for this position is based on qualifications and experience. A comprehensive benefit package is also provided.
Interested applicants are asked to e-mail or fax a complete resume including the names of three (3) professional references to: Murray Marran, Associate Superintendent of Human Resources, Northland School Division, P.O. Bag 1400, 9809 77 Avenue, Peace River, Alberta, T8S 1V2. Phone: 780-624-2060 extension 6157. Fax: 780-624-5914. Email: email@example.com
Competition closes Monday, November 1st , 2021 at noon.
Offers of employment will be conditional on receipt of satisfactory criminal record and child welfare checks. Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.