Location: Divisional Office
Competition #: 10064
Open To: Everyone
Date Posted: October 21st, 2019
Closing Date: Open Ended
Northland School Division No. 61 is looking for an advocate for Indigenous Education and a supporter of FNMI language and culture. The division is accepting applications for a full time Computer Technician effective immediately. This position will be based out of our central office in Peace River, Alberta. Northland School Division is recognized as being culturally and geographically unique. We provide student centered learning opportunities to primarily First Nation and Métis students located in the northern half of Alberta. We serve 2000 students and employ 450 staff in 20 schools.
Specific duties include:
- Support Microsoft Windows desktop operating systems and applications
- Provide technical support via telephone, remote desktop and on-site visits.
- Maintain accurate and up to date documentation
- Computer Hardware and software troubleshooting
- Maintain a good working relationship with coworkers and school staff
Extra consideration will be given to candidates with
- A Diploma from a Computer (or related) Technology program
- Certification in Microsoft or CompTIA training
- Experience with TCP/IP Local Area Networks
- Experience with current versions of Microsoft Office, Windows client and Windows server operating systems
- Experience with Interactive Whiteboards and Projectors
- Experience with Video Conferencing Systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work with a minimum of supervision
- Dedication to quality service and a desire to learn new technologies
The successful candidate must have a valid Alberta driver’s license and be willing to travel extensively throughout northern Alberta. The salary range for this position is $51,168.00 to $67,850.00 plus a comprehensive benefit package.
Interested applicants are asked to submit a complete resume including the names of three (3) references to: Holly Friesen, Human Resources Administrator, Northland School Division No. 61, P.O. Bag 1400, 9809 77 Avenue, Peace River, Alberta, T8S 1V2. Phone: (780) 624-2060. Fax: (780) 624-5914. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants but only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Offers of employment are conditional on receipt of a satisfactory criminal record check.
Open until suitable candidate is found.