Division Facility Manager
Location: All Schools
Competition #: 11576
Open To: Everyone
Date Posted: May 27th, 2020
Closing Date: Open Ended
Northland School Division is seeking to fill the position of full-time Division Facility Manager. The Division Facility Manager oversees the daily operation of the facilities department, including the technical services, construction, special projects and occupational health and safety. This position requires extensive travel within the division and will be based out of an office in one of the division’s communities.
Responsibilities will include:
- Providing strategic direction for the department in regards to facilities implementation plans
- Preparing long range 3- and 10-year capital plans
- Directing and supervising all division construction, care and upkeep of all school buildings, grounds and equipment
- Overseeing the establishment of a plan for proactive needs assessments and a scheduled maintenance program.
- Consulting with the technical supervisors and developing a system of preventative maintenance
- Working with the Secretary-Treasurer to prepare and administer an annual operations budget for the department and updating the annual Infrastructure Maintenance and Renewal (IMR) plans
- 5+ years’ experience within facilities operation and management
- 8+ years’ experience in a project management role and supervising staff
- Valid Alberta Class 5 Driver’s License with an acceptable driver’s abstract
- Journeyman ticket in any relevant trade
- Advanced knowledge of provincial and federal regulations and legislation, occupational hazards and safety precautions
The salary for this position is based on qualifications and experience. A comprehensive benefit package is provided.
Interested applicants are asked to e-mail, mail or fax a complete resume including the names of three (3) professional references to: Holly Friesen, Human Resources Administrator, Northland School Division, P.O. Bag 1400, 9809 77 Avenue, Peace River, Alberta T82 1V2. Phone: (780) 624-2060. Fax: (780) 624-5914. Email: email@example.com
Closing Date: Until a suitable candidate is found
Offers of employment will be conditional on receipt of satisfactory criminal record and child welfare checks.
Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.