Half-time (0.50 FTE) Family Wellness Worker
Location: Susa Creek
Competition #: 6186
Open To: Everyone
Date Posted: February 22nd, 2018
Closing Date: Open Ended
Northland School Division No. 61 is seeking an advocate of Indigenous Education who supports First Nations, Métis and Inuit Language and Culture to help us lead the way in First Nations and Métis education. This position will report to the Director of Student Services for the division and is attached to the central office twelve month calendar. Applications are invited for the position of a half-time (0.50 FTE) Family Wellness worker to work as part of a team in Susa Creek School in Susa Creek, Alberta.
- Provide intervention and/or support services to students and families who may be at risk or currently facing social, emotional, behavioral or family challenges
- Promote effective communication and parenting skills
- Build skills with the students individually and in small groups
- Assist in finding information and resources such as counseling after hour crisis response workers
- Advocate within the school and the community
- Promote preventative opportunities within the schools and community
- Collaborate with community agencies
- Degree in Social Work
- Will consider candidates in appropriate Human Services field from an accredited institution.
The vision of the program would be to provide free confidential interventions services to students and families in order to support the emotional, behavioral and social wellbeing.
Successful candidate must provide a current original Police Information Check.
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications ($34,800.00 - $46,300.00 per annum).
Please apply to: Stephanie Sutherland, Director of Student Services, Northland School Division No. 61, P.O. Bag 1400, 9809 77 Avenue, Peace River, Alberta, T8S 1V2. Phone: 780-624-2060 extension 6162. Fax: 780-624-5914. Email: Stephanie.Sutherland@nsd61.ca
Open until suitable candidate is found.