Location: Gift Lake/Grouard/Peavine
Competition #: 7488
Open To: Everyone
Date Posted: February 5th, 2019
Closing Date: Open Ended
Northland School Division No. 61 requires a temporary Project Coordinator for a Mental Health Capacity Building Project (When We Are Healthy Project). We are seeking the services of a full-time Project Coordinator with relevant training and experience commencing March 8th, 2019 until August 31st, 2019. The service area for this position will be Gift Lake, Grouard and Peavine. The position offers a variety of challenges working in schools and community settings.
- Developing and implementing a service plan that aligns with MHCB Initiative objectives;
- Ensuring timely submission of financial, statistical and narrative reports as required by AHS;
- Overseeing the dissemination and completion of evaluation surveys as required by AHS;
- Liaising with school administration, community partners and other stakeholders;
- Overseeing and ensuring overall quality and consistency of services;
- Leadership, coordination and supervision of other MHCB staff members;
- Providing a high level of fiscal control and accountability for the budget;
- Analyzing change processes and making necessary adjustments to maximize effectiveness
Qualifications and work experience:
- A related post-secondary degree or diploma in social sciences, or relevant courses and experience
- At least 3 years of experience working in addiction and mental health with promotion and prevention work an asset.
- Knowledge of mental health and wellness, health promotion and prevention and child and youth development
- Effective verbal and written skills including the ability to listen to others and communicate clearly
- Leadership skills which include supervision of staff or students.
- Involvement in community committees and strong facilitation skills
- Ability to engage others and develop working relationships with community partners
- Resource management skills
- Skill and knowledge in program development, facilitation and implementation, as well as change management.
- Solid comprehension and practice of personal and professional boundaries
- Resilience & a commitment to personal development
- Ability to maintain healthy work-life balance
- An awareness of the community’s economic, cultural and political environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs
- Knowledge of social media tools is an asset
- Ability to work within and manage a restricted budget
- All employees must provide a criminal record check.
- All professions must provide proof of licensure or registration with the approved Alberta regulatory college, prior to commencing duties where applicable:
- Regulated health professions under the Alberta Health Professions Act and Health Disciplines Act will be required to show an original copy of a valid practice permit before commencing their duties.
- Other professions governed by government acts, college or regulatory body requirements may be required to provide additional documentation.
What’s in it for you?
- Supportive working environment
- Comprehensive benefit package
- Competitive salary
Please respond with a complete resume including the names of three (3) professional references, to: Stephanie Sutherland, Director of Student Services, Northland School Division No. 61, P.O. Bag 1400, Peace River, Alberta T8S 1V2. Phone: (780) 624-2060. Fax: (780) 624-5914. Email: Stephanie.Sutherland@nsd61.ca
Open until a suitable candidate is found.