Location: Gift Lake Métis Settlement
Competition #: 7776
Open To: Everyone
Date Posted: March 7th, 2019
Closing Date: Open Ended
Northland School Division No. 61 is seeking the services of one temporary full time Success Coach with relevant training and experience for a Mental Health Capacity Building Project (When We Are Healthy Project). The service area for this position will be Gift Lake, Alberta. The position offers a variety of challenges working in schools and community settings. This position will commence as soon as possible and run until August 31st, 2019 for an incumbent on leave.
- Provide mental health and positive well-being within the community
- Develop a plan of implementation to coordinate healthy living programs and other universal programming for all students, families and community members
- Work collaboratively with other professionals, agencies and parents
- Conduct presentations and facilitate workshops
- Coordinate effective mentorship opportunities for adults who interact with children and youth
- A related post-secondary degree or diploma in social sciences, or relevant courses and experience
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- Experience working with children in a school setting as well as youth and families
- A valid driver’s license
- Experience working with Metis and/or Aboriginal communities
- Knowledge of the community of Gift Lake would be an asset
Kindly note that an offer of employment will be conditional on receipt of a satisfactory criminal record check. We thank all applicants but only those candidates successful in obtaining interviews will be contacted.
Please respond with a complete resume including the names of three (3) professional references, to: Stephanie Sutherland, Director of Student Services, Northland School Division No. 61, P.O. Bag 1400, Peace River, Alberta T8S 1V2. Phone: (780) 624-2060. Fax: (780) 624-5914. Email: Stephanie.Sutherland@nsd61.ca
Open until suitable candidate is found.