Communications Assistant (STEP Program)
Location: Divisional Office
Competition #: 8013
Open To: Everyone
Date Posted: March 28th, 2019
Closing Date: Open Ended
Northland School Division No. 61 is looking for an advocate for Indigenous Education and a supporter of FNMI language and culture. The division requires a temporary Communications Assistant for our Divisional Office in Peace River, Alberta for the period May 1st to August 31st, 2019. The Communication Assistant provides general assistance and administrative support to the Communications Department. The successful candidate must be returning to school in the fall.
Some of the responsibilities of this temporary position will include the following:
- Photographing/videotaping the academic, athletic, artistic and extracurricular activities at various school/division events. This may include travel.
- Creating digital banners, messaging, scripts for events in the upcoming school year.
- Working with division websites.
- Working with division social media accounts.
- Attending community engagement sessions.
- Writing and distributing media releases.
The following would be assets to your application:
- Knowledge of First Nations, Métis and Inuit language and culture.
- Experience and/or education in Marketing, Public Relations, Communications
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- High degree of discretion and professionalism.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule with travel.
- Graphic design experience.
- Editing experience.
- Good knowledge of social media platforms.
- Strong written and verbal English communications skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong time management and organization skills.
- Excellent attention to details, organizational skills and time management.
The rate for this position is $15.00 per hour. Hours of work are 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Interested applicants are asked to submit a resume including the names of three (3) employer references to: Diane Holt, Human Resources Administrator, Northland School Division No. 61, P.O. Bag 1400, 9809 77 Avenue, Peace River, Alberta, T8S 1V2. Phone: (780) 624-2060. Fax: (780) 624-5914. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: Open until a suitable candidate is found.
Kindly note that offers of employment will be conditional on receipt of a satisfactory criminal record check. We thank all applicants but only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.