Location: Susa Creek
Competition #: 8152
Open To: Everyone
Date Posted: April 9th, 2019
Closing Date: Open Ended
Are you looking for an educational leadership opportunity in Alberta’s north? Northland School Division No. 61 is seeking advocates for Indigenous Education and supporters of FNMI Language and culture to help us lead the way in First Nations, Métis and Inuit (FNMI) Education. Applications are invited for the position of Principal for the 2019/2020 school year.
Susa Creek School is located approximately 12 kilometers from Grande Cache, Alberta and 450 kilometers from Edmonton, Alberta. The school has a student enrollment of approximately 45 and offers instruction in Grades K-8.
We are looking for individuals who have successful experience in rural and Aboriginal communities, school-based leadership, can build on the current strengths of the school, and can work towards literacy and language improvement through common Division goals and initiatives.
- Has experience with and a passion for promoting educational success for Aboriginal learners, especially in their indigenous language and culture. Fluency in the language and experience in the culture would be an asset.
- Will work closely with the local school board committee and the community to build relationships in order to create a positive, inviting school environment that is integrated into the life of the community.
- Will actively seek local partnerships to create innovative program opportunities to engage and challenge students and promote a sense of pride and accomplishment.
- Is a strong instructional leader who will work with staff to ensure that students have high quality learning experiences.
- Leads by example and is active in the life of the community.
- Has a minimum of 5 successful years of teaching experience in rural and Aboriginal communities.
If you have leadership skills that can support literacy and language improvement through an aboriginal perspective at the school level and through Division goals, Northland School Division is the place for you.
Northland School Division offers educational services, primarily to First Nation and Métis students. The school division is located in the northern half of Alberta and serves over 2,000 students and employs over 450 staff in 20 schools. Our programs encompass all cultures which reflect community values within a global context. This allows children to retain their distinctive cultural identity while achieving academic excellence. To learn more about Northland School Division, visit www.nsd61.ca.
Please apply to: Wesley Oginski, Associate Superintendent of Human Resources, Northland School Division No. 61, P.O. Bag 1400, Peace River, Alberta T8S 1V2. Phone: (780) 624-2060. Fax: (780) 624-5914. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Shortlisted candidates will be expected to attend on site interviews.