Human Resources Secretary (0.75 FTE)
Location: Divisional Office
Competition #: 9420
Open To: Everyone
Date Posted: August 20th, 2019
Closing Date: Open Ended
Northland School Division No. 61 is looking for an advocate for indigenous education and a supporter of FNMI language and culture. The division is accepting applications for a part-time (0.75 FTE) Human Resources Secretary based out of our central office in Peace River, Alberta. The Human Resources Secretary provides administrative and office support to the Associate Superintendent of Human Resources and the Human Resources Administrator.
The Human Resources Secretary is responsible for the smooth and efficient handling of all human resources correspondence and contacts, maintaining all personnel file records, arranging all employment advertising, arranging interviews as well as assisting with other divisional projects such as new teacher orientation and staff long service awards.
- A diploma in office or business administration or an acceptable combination of education and progressively responsible experience
- Experience with Google suite and Microsoft Office (word processing and spreadsheet software)
- Familiarity with Alberta Employment Standards
The successful candidate will possess the following skills and attributes:
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Able to work independently and meet deadlines
- Proven organizational skills with the ability to interpret and administer the Division’s Human Resources policies
The pro-rated salary range for this position is $32,652.00 to $46,164.00 plus a comprehensive benefit package.
Interested applicants are asked to submit a complete resume including the names of three (3) professional references to: Holly Friesen, Human Resources Administrator, Northland School Division No. 61, P.O. Bag 1400, 9809 77 Avenue, Peace River, Alberta, T8S 1V2. Phone: (780) 624-2060. Fax: (780) 624-5914. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants but only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Offers of employment are conditional on receipt of a satisfactory criminal record check.
Closing date: Open until a suitable candidate is found.