Opportunities for Staff
Location: Divisional Office
Competition #: 14651
Open To: Everyone
Date Posted: May 17th, 2022
Closing Date: Open Ended
NORTHLAND SCHOOL DIVISION NO. 61
Northland School Division is accepting applications for a full time Network Administrator to be based out of our central office in Peace River, Alberta, effective immediately. The successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing network operations including planning, implementing, maintaining and troubleshooting, monitoring compliance with the Division’s Computer Security Procedures and User Agreements, preparing and testing Disaster Recovery Plans for strategic systems and supervising the day-to-day work of employed and/or contracted computer technicians. This position requires extensive travel in northern Alberta (valid Alberta Driver’s license required).
Qualifications: Bachelor's Degree in Computing Science or diploma from a recognized post-secondary institution (such as an Institute of Technology, College or University) in a field related to computer technology
Desirable attributes for this position include:
- Experience in wide area network design and administration
- Experience with computer integration design, systems diagnostics and repair
- Experience with Windows Active Directory, Windows Server and Client Operating Systems, Video Conferencing, VOIP, and SCCM
- Experience with Fortigate and Cisco switching, routing, and voice
- Experience with G-Suite for Education
- Experience with student information systems (SIS) such as PowerSchool
- Experience with management platforms such as DocuShare, Atrieve, and MyBudgetFile
- Knowledge and experience in the setup and maintenance of servers, public-facing services and other internet services.
- Knowledge and experience with cybersecurity protocols and compliance
- An innovative thinker with an ability to find imaginative solutions
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (both written and oral)
- Experience supervising the work of others
- The ability to work as a team player, as well as working independently with a minimum of supervision
The salary range for this position is $67,666.00 to $92,697.00 plus a comprehensive benefit package.
Interested applicants are asked to submit a complete resume including the names of three (3) references to: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants but only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Offers of employment are conditional on receipt of a satisfactory criminal record check and intervention check.
Open until suitable candidate is found.