Northland School Division No.61 (NSD) is pleased to provide students another way to complete high school! On February 1, 2017, we launched the Flexible Learning Program in partnership with Career Pathways School. Since the launch date, students from across NSD are continuing their journey towards graduation through a blended learning environment.
Students who participate in this program access resources and instructions online using Google Classroom while continuing to participate in land-based learning and hands-on Career and Technology Studies (CTS). The online learning environment includes core courses such as Language Arts, Science, Social Studies and Math as well as CTS. The Flexible Learning Pilot Program will benefit students in the following ways:
- Allow for planned, coordinated, learning to take place anywhere, anytime.
- Using Google Classroom allows teachers to monitor student progress with assignments and provides the ability to collaborate within the assignment itself. This supports Moving Forward with High School Redesign.
- Integrate and share local resources, mentors, and supports to complement asynchronous learning.
- Build and connect a learning community of students and teachers who would otherwise be disconnected.
- Catapult Northland School Division into 21st-century learning to accommodate student-centered learning.
The Flexible Learning Program content is available on the Career Pathways School website http://careerpathwaysschool.ca/flex-learning-portal.