Opportunities for Staff
Family Wellness Worker - Calling Lake/Chipewyan Lake
Location: Calling Lake/Chipewyan Lake
Competition #: 14635
Open To: Everyone
Date Posted: October 31st, 2022
Closing Date: Open Ended
NORTHLAND SCHOOL DIVISION
Family Wellness Worker – Calling Lake & Chipewyan Lake Schools
Northland School Division is seeking to fill the position of a full-time Family Wellness Worker effective August 15th, 2022. The successful candidate will work as part of a team in Calling Lake School in Calling Lake and Chipewyan Lake School in Chipewyan Lake, Alberta. These positions will report to the Director of Student Services for the division and are attached to the central office twelve-month calendar.
- Provide intervention and/or support services to students and families who may be at risk or currently facing social, emotional, behavioral or family challenges
- Promote effective communication and parenting skills
- Build skills with the students individually and in small groups
- Assist in finding information and resources such as counseling after hour crisis response workers
- Advocate within the school and the community
- Promote preventative opportunities within the schools and community
- Collaborate with community agencies
- Degree in Social Work
- Valid Driver License
The vision of the program is to provide free confidential interventions services to students and families in order to support the emotional, behavioral and social wellbeing.
The salary for this position is based on qualifications and experience. A comprehensive benefit package is also provided.
Interested applicants are asked to e-mail or fax a complete resume including the names of three (3) professional references to: Murray Marran, Associate Superintendent of Human Resources, Northland School Division, 9809 77 Avenue, Peace River, Alberta T8S 1V2. Phone: (780) 624-2060. Fax: (780) 624-5914. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Open until a suitable candidate is found.
Offers of employment will be conditional on receipt of satisfactory criminal record and child welfare checks. Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.