NSD Attendance Recognition and Awards Program
Award Strategy #1 - Eagle ‘Excellence-in-Attendance’ Club (95% or better)
(1) Achimowin News Flash will publish monthly the number of students achieving ‘Excellence-in-Attendance’ by school.
Award Strategy #2 - Year-end plaques presented to schools achieving an overall attendance rate 88% (or better) and eligibility for school attendance award
(1) Plaques are presented to schools during the last week of June with great fanfare and a write-up placed in the Achimowin News Flash.
(2) Schools achieving this goal will be eligible for a draw to win $3000.00; with input from students and parents, these monies will be used by the school to achieve future educational goals of their choice (with receipts to support expenditures).
Award Strategy #3 - Year-end Draw for $500 Family Gift Card and a $250 Family Gift Card
(1) At year-end, names of all students whose attendance is between 90 – 100 % are placed in a draw for a $500 Family Gift Card. The gift card is to be used by the child’s family to celebrate this remarkable attendance achievement.
(2) At year-end, names of all students whose attendance growth has improved by 15% (or more) over the previous school year will be eligible for a $250 Family Gift Card. The gift card is to be used by the child’s family to celebrate this remarkable attendance achievement.
Award Strategy #4 - High School Leaders Group
(1) High school students earning 20 credits (or more) in a semester will have their names placed in a hat to win one of two $100 gift cards per semester - January and June.
Award Strategy #5 - Central Leadership Team Acknowledge & Support Student Achievements
(1) The Central Executive Team (Associates, Directors, HR, & Communication) and Board of Trustees (where possible) will attend monthly school assemblies and year-end award celebrations to recognize and present attendance awards.
(2) Photos of these celebrations and special award events will be published in the Achimowin News Flash.
Award Strategy #6 - Monthly Attendance draws by division (e.g. K-3, 4-5, 7-9 & 10-12) for students achieving 90% or better
(1) Every month, students achieving 90% (or better) attendance will have their names placed in a hat for a $50 gift card draw in each of the following grade categories:
- Division 1 (ECS- Grade 3),
- Division 2 (Grades 4-6),
- Division 3 (Grades 7-9),
- Division 4 (Grades 10-12)
One $50 gift card per attendance grouping (as noted above) is presented monthly.
Award Strategy #7 - Students achieving ‘excellence in attendance’ (95% or better) throughout the school year are provided with ‘certificates of achievement’ and a lunch outing with the Trustee and principal
(1) At year-end, students achieving ‘excellence in attendance’ (95% or better) for the entire school year will receive a lunch outing with the Trustee and principal.
(2) ‘Certificates of Achievement’ are presented to students at a June school ceremony by the Trustee.
Award Strategy #8 - Highest Percentage Attendance Growth Award
At year-end, two schools with the highest percentage growth in attendance over the previous school year will receive a $1000.00 award. With input from students and parents, award monies will be used by the school to achieve future educational goals of their choice.