Opportunities for Staff
Native Language Instructor
Competition #: 14955
Open To: Everyone
Date Posted: July 8th, 2022
Closing Date: Open Ended
Conklin Community School is located approximately 150 kilometres from Fort McMurray, Alberta and serves a student population of approximately 35 in Grades K-9. The professional staff complement is 4.
The school requires an individual to fill the position of temporary, half time (0.50 FTE) Native Language Instructor effective January 4th to March 31st, 2021 or the earlier return of an incumbent on extended disability leave.
- Fluency in the Native Language of the community
- Preference to candidates having classroom and/or classroom management skills
- The ability to develop lesson plans
- Interest in working with children
- Training and/or background in working with children would be an asset
- Good time management and communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
The successful applicant should possess a strong work ethic, initiative, and the ability to work with the certificated staff at the school.
The starting salary range is $15,090.00 to $19,746.00 (with certificate) per annum based on education and experience. A comprehensive benefit package is also provided.
Please apply to: Nicholas Christofalos, Principal, Conklin Community School, General Delivery, Conklin, Alberta, T0P 1H0. Phone: (780) 559-2228. Fax: (780) 559-2391. Email: email@example.com.
Offers of employment will be conditional on receipt of a satisfactory criminal record check. Applicants successful in securing interviews will be notified of interview date.
Open until suitable candidate is found.