Opportunities for Staff
Division Facility Manager
Management and Professionals
Location: Divisional Office
Competition #: 14951
Open To: Everyone
Date Posted: July 7th, 2022
Closing Date: Open Ended
Northland School Division is seeking to fill the position of full-time Division Facility Manager. The Division Facility Manager oversees the daily operation of the facilities department, including the technical services, construction, special projects, custodial services and works collaboratively with the Occupational Health and Safety Officer. This position requires extensive travel within the division and will be based out of an office in one of the division’s communities.
Responsibilities will include:
- Providing strategic direction for the department in all matters relating to facilities maintenance, plant operations, custodial services, and the effective stewardship of facility assets
- Modeling timely, open, honest, transparent and respectful communication throughout the Division
- In collaboration with the Secretary Treasurer, leading the planning, development, and annual updating of Northland School Division’s Three-Year Capital Plan, Ten-Year Facilities Plan and the Infrastructure Maintenance Renewal Plan (IMR), as required by Alberta Education
- Preparing and submitting the annual facility maintenance budget: proactively assessing Division infrastructure needs, prioritizing work, preparing cost estimates and establishing timelines
- Planning, prioritizing, assigning, supervising, and evaluating the work of department staff; ensuring effective and efficient care and upkeep of Division buildings and grounds, and the proper stewardship of Division funds
- Establishing preventative maintenance and repair schedules; responding to maintenance service requests in an efficient, effective and timely manner
- Assisting in the preparation of tenders, coordinating and supervising externally awarded capital projects, monitoring compliance with project specifications, ensuring the safety of students, staff and visitors, providing regular reports on project progress and costs and, ensuring all work is completed satisfactorily.
- 5+ years’ experience within facilities operation and management
- 8+ years’ experience in a project management role and supervising staff
- Valid Alberta Class 5 Driver’s License with an acceptable driver’s abstract
- Journeyman ticket in any relevant trade
- Advanced knowledge of provincial and federal regulations and legislation, occupational hazards and safety precautions
The salary for this position is based on qualifications and experience. A comprehensive benefit package is provided.
Interested applicants are asked to e-mail, mail or fax a complete resume including the names of three (3) professional references to: Mr. Murray J. Marran, Associate Superintendent of Human Resources, Northland School Division, 9809 77 Avenue, Peace River, Alberta T8S 1C9. Phone: (780) 624-2060. Fax: (780) 624-5914. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: Until a suitable candidate is found
Offers of employment will be conditional on receipt of satisfactory criminal record and child welfare checks.
Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.